By A. K. Tiwari, M. Lal, A. K. Singh
Sugarcane is likely one of the most crucial plants commercially grown in approximately one hundred fifteen international locations of the area. India is an important manufacturer in addition to client of sugar on the earth and has produced approximately 25MT of sugar from 360MT sugarcane in 2011-13, contributing approximately 15 percentage of the complete sugar construction on the planet. A quantum of sugar is made from sugarcane, besides the fact that, this crop faces a couple of difficulties akin to low cane productiveness, biotic and abiotic stresses, excessive fee of cultivation, post-harvest losses, and occasional sugar restoration. In India, sugarcane examine begun before everything of the 19th. Read more...
summary: Sugarcane is among the most vital plants commercially grown in approximately a hundred and fifteen international locations of the realm. India is a massive manufacturer in addition to purchaser of sugar on the earth and has produced approximately 25MT of sugar from 360MT sugarcane in 2011-13, contributing approximately 15 percentage of the entire sugar creation on the earth. A quantum of sugar is made from sugarcane, in spite of the fact that, this crop faces a few difficulties equivalent to low cane productiveness, biotic and abiotic stresses, excessive fee of cultivation, post-harvest losses, and coffee sugar restoration. In India, sugarcane learn begun firstly of the nineteenth
Read or Download Current status of sugarcane research in India PDF
Similar research books
Studying From Strangers is the definitive paintings on qualitative learn interviewing. It attracts on Robert Weiss's thirty years of expertise in interviewing and instructing others the right way to do it. the best interviews, says Weiss, depend upon growing cooperation -- an open and trusting alliance among interviewer and respondent, devoted to particular and sincere bills of either inner and exterior occasions.
AMTA 2002: From examine to actual clients Ever because the showdown among Empiricists and Rationalists a decade in the past at TMI ninety two, MT researchers have hotly pursued promising paradigms for MT, together with da- pushed ways (e. g. , statistical, example-based) and hybrids that combine those with extra conventional rule-based elements.
- Linking Research to Crop Production
- Interpersonal Communication Research: Advances Through Meta-analysis
- Project Scheduling: A Research Handbook
- Competency Based Education And Training
Extra info for Current status of sugarcane research in India
16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. Approaches Rapid production of healthy planting material through micro propagation Identification of suitable clones through Zonal Varietal Testing Exploring possibilities for crossing programme at Madanapalle / Araku areas Screening of sugarcane clones for quality jaggery Working out of optimum water requirement in relation to age of crop, atmospheric temperature, humidity and wind flow conditions Standardization of fertigation schedule for sugarcane Nutritional requirement for sugarcane under wide row planting Revision of fertilizer schedule based on soil test results Evolving of ICM practices to reduce cost of production Research on exploitation of potential of micro nutrients Research on effective utilization of distillery effluents Establishment of trash decomposing culture unit Production and supply of bio-agents against scale, whitefly, mealy bug, while grub and red rot Enhancement of parasitoid efficiency though info-chemicals against sugarcane pests.
A-E) Callus induction, regeneration and plant establishment. 38 Rachayya M. Devarumath, Gauri A. Nerkar, Forough J. Farsangi et al. Figure 1b. Effect of ã- radiation (20 Gy) and NaCl (00, 50 to 250 mM) on callus after 30 days of culture. Figure 1c. Plant regeneration from callus cultures after radiation exposure (20 Gy) and selection on salt medium. Field Evaluation The field evaluation of both radiation treated plantlets and radiation with salt selected plantlets were transplanted in to the field for preliminary screening and scoring morphological variations.
Scientists of sugarcane research stations have come to the rescue of farmers and industry by releasing high yielding, sucrose rich varieties resistant to red rot and other abiotic stresses. Sugarcane research stations have substantially helped the jaggery making farmers with improved technologies in various aspects of jaggery, an important rural industry. CONCLUSION In Andhra Pradesh, a major portion of sugarcane area is under limited irrigated and rainfed conditions. That is why cane productivity is low and stagnant, due to an increase in area in marginal soils, rainfed conditions, and moisture stress during formative phase.