By K.R. Padiyar
4. 2 research of induction generator influence: frequency scanning technique eighty three four. three research of torsional interaction(TI) 87 four. four country equations and eigenvalue research ninety six four. five An set of rules for computing torsional modes 108 four. 6 Countermeasures for SSR III four. 7 Torsional oscillations in parallel attached turbine turbines one hundred twenty 121 five. INTERACTIONS WITH energy approach STABILIZER five. 1 advent 121 five. 2 easy thought within the software of PSS 122 five. three layout of PSS 126 five. four Torsional interplay with PSS one hundred thirty five. five A case research 132 6. INTERACTIONS WITH HVDC CONVERTER keep an eye on 137 6. 1 advent 137 6. 2 HVDC converters and regulate 138 6. three Modelling of HVDC procedure for learn of torsional interactions 147 6. four research of torsional interactions -A simplified procedure 153 6. five A case learn 156 6. 6 A simplified damping torque research 161 6. 7 regulate of torsional interplay 167 7. INTERACTIONS WITH SHUNT COMPENSATORS 169 7. 1 advent 169 7. 2 Static Var Compensator 171 7 . three Torsional Interactions with SVC 186 7. four Static Condenser(STATCON) 189 7. five Torsional interactions with STATCON 196 7. 6 A simplified research of torsional interplay with voltage controller 2 hundred eight. INTERACTIONS WITH sequence COMPENSATORS 205 eight. 1 creation 205 eight. 2 Thyristor managed sequence Compensator 206 eight. three Modelling of TCSC for SSR experiences 216 eight. four Mitigation of SSR with TCSC 223 eight. five Static Synchronous sequence Compensator (SSSC) 229 8.
Read or Download Analysis of Subsynchronous Resonance in Power Systems PDF
Similar electric books
In wafer-based and thin-film photovoltaic (PV) units, the administration of sunshine is a vital element of optimization when you consider that trapping sun in lively elements of PV units is key for effective power conversions. Optical modeling and simulation permit effective research and optimization of the optical state of affairs in optoelectronic and PV units.
"With its functional method of layout, Transformer and Inductor layout guide, Fourth version distinguishes itself from different books via proposing info and counsel that's formed basically through the user's wishes and perspective. accelerated and revised to deal with contemporary advancements, the fourth variation of this vintage reference is re-organized and enhanced, back serving as a relentless reduction for an individual looking to follow the state-of-the-art in transformer and inductor layout.
The advance of renewable assets for electricity has turn into a mainstream concentration within the box of electric engineering. This publication can be utilized via either engineers and researchers operating to boost new electric structures and examine latest ones. also, it will possibly function a consultant for undergraduate and graduate scholars in the course of their learn of electric fields.
- Transformers and Motors
- Generating Electricity in a Carbon-Constrained World
- Handbook of concentrator photovoltaic technology
- Renewable and Efficient Electric Power Systems
- Power Quality in Power Systems and Electrical Machines, Second Edition
Extra resources for Analysis of Subsynchronous Resonance in Power Systems
The elements of a vector determine the participation of different masses (in relation to that of the generator rotor) in a particular mode of torsional oscillations. 6 State equations The state equations for the mechanical system can be expressed either based on (a) coupled multimass model or (b}decoupled modal model. Both approaches will be illustrated by taking an example of a four mass system made up of High Pressure (HP), Intermediate Pressure(IP), Low Pressure (LP) turbines and the generator rotor.
6 i are the slip and angle corresponding to the torsional mode z. 14). 117) where Hi = A; 2ai is the modal inertia and Ki = _1_ is the modal spring conWBai stant. 14. 6° are the slip and angle components corresponding to the mode zero. 15. Di is the damping associated with mode i. 15. The mode zero corresponds to the frequency zero (determined from the analysis of the mechanical system alone). 0 Hz). The low frequency oscillations correspond to the mode zero. 119) that in the absence of torsional oscillations, only zeroth mode is present in which all the rotors participate equally.
The base currents for the rotor circuits in the d-axis are chosen such that the base field current or base d-axis damper current (in h coil) produces the same mutual flux (in the air gap) as produced by the base current flowing in the stator d-axis 32 ANALYSIS OF SUBSYNCHRONOUS RESONANCE IN POWER SYSTEMS coil. Similar conditions apply for q-axis coils. 51) where Lau is the leakage inductance of the stator. IJB and hB are the base currents in the field and damper windings (in d-axis). From Eq. 53) Similar relations apply for q-axis coils also.